EK-Thermosphere is a high performance universal GPU water block built off EK-Supremacy cooling engine, designed specifically for the use with EK-FC Terminal interconnects in multiple graphics card system.
The Thermosphere cooling engine uses similar, yet refined as per needs of modern microprocessors, fin design as its ancestor. The cooling liquid accelerates through jet plate's nozzle and turbulently continues its path through numerous very thin channels which provide extreme cooling surface area. EK-Thermosphere can also work flawlessly with reversed water flow which does not affect the cooling performance.
Base is made of nickel plated electrolytic copper, backbone is made from laser cut brushed stainless steel plate while the top is made of quality POM Acetal material. The sealing is ensured by quality rubber washers.
Screw-in brass standoffs are pre-installed in each exchangeable mounting plate and allow for safe, painless installation procedure. Block is mounted with enclosed M3x4 DIN7985 screws.
G1/4" threaded fittings can be used on both sides of the FC terminal. Up to four EK-Thermosphere water blocks can be used on a single ATX form factor motherboard by using EK-FC Terminal (DUAL, TRIPLE or QUAD type) system or other means of interconnectivity. Please note that EK-FC Bridge & Link system is not compatible with this water block.
EK-Thermosphere series waterblocks supports majority of modern nVidia® and AMD® high-end graphics cards via exchangeable mounting plates. The product however comes factory pre-fitted with mounting plate G80 (mounting pattern 58x58mm) and ready for use on modern nVidia® GeForce® GTX graphics cards only. Please check compatibility at EK's CoolingConfigurator.
To use this product on AMD and other nVidia graphics cards it is mandatory to purchase additional mounting plates:
- G92: 53x53mm
- R600: 54x54mm
- GF560: 51x61mm
- G200: 61x61mm
Enclosed in the box:
- EK-Thermosphere series water block /w pre-installed G80 mounting plate
- mounting mechanism
- thermal grease (TIM) EK-Ectotherm (1g)
Please note: Fittings are not included!
- Ready for use with modern NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 900, -700 and -600 series graphics cards. To use this product with other graphics cards it is mandatory to purchase additional mounting plates!
- Any heat generating components, especially on high power graphics cards, such as VRM (voltage regulation module) or RAM IC needs to be actively- or passively cooled by user's preferable method (passive self-adhesive heat sinks, fan cooling or a combination).
- Due to immense variety of fittings/barbs available on market and no prescribed standards, EK guarantee compatibility only for EK connectors.