EK-Supremacy MX AMD is a reduced cost CPU water block that fits the new AM4 socket, all legacy AMD socket (AM3+, AM3, AM2, AM2+, FM2, FM2+, 939, 754) motherboards and comes with pre-assembled, error-preventing mounting mechanism. The result is a perfect installation which results in optimal performance every time.
EK-Supremacy MX AMD brings exceptional value for the money by providing the best-in-class cooling performance. Built upon the same cooling engine as EK-Supremacy EVO it offers the same great hydraulic performance and almost identical thermal performance.
The key features are:
- ultra-high thermal performance - only slightly simplified copper base allows EK-Supremacy MX to achieve almost the same cooling as EK-Supremacy EVO.
- very high-flow design - low hydraulic restriction allows this product to be used in setups using weaker water pumps.
- pre-assembled mounting mechanism - blazing fast installation on all AMD platforms.
The EK-Supremacy MX AMD uses the same cooling engine as the EVO variant. The cooling liquid accelerates through jet plate's nozzle and turbulently continues its path through numerous very thin channels, which provide an extreme heat dissipating surface area. Specifically designed and carefully machined copper base (sometimes referred to as ‘cold plate’) is made from purest copper available on the market and is further polished to absolute mirror finish. This alone greatly improves the cooling performance of EK-Supremacy MX.
The top and the insert are made from injection molded transparent MABS polymer while the cover is made from black anodized brushed aluminum. Translucent top variants have two slots for easy installation of 3mm LED diodes.
Mounting mechanism comes pre-assembled to the CPU water blocks and is secured with a circlip to hold it in place. The installation utilizes AMD factory provided motherboard backplate and as such allows for a blazing fast installation.
CPU socket compatibility:
- AMD Socket AM4
- AMD Sockets: 939, 754, 940
- AMD Sockets: F, C32
- AMD Sockets: AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1, FM2, FM2+
- EK-Supremacy MX AMD series water block with pre-installed mounting mechanism
- TIM / thermal grease: EK-TIM Ectotherm (1g)
Due to the commonality of parts, the EK-Supremacy MX offers the potential for an upgrade to full EVO standard:
|Upgrade part:||Required Add-on:||2nd Required Add-on|
|EK-Supremacy EVO PreciseMount - Nickel||Supremacy EVO Backplate||-|
|EK-Supremacy EVO Backplate||PreciseMount EVO||-|
|EK-Supremacy PreciseMount Add-On Naked Ivy||PreciseMount EVO||Supremacy EVO Backplate|
|Mounting plate Supremacy AMD - Black or Nickel||-||-|
|Mounting plate Supremacy LGA-2011 Narrow||-||-|
|Supremacy EVO Copper Base - Polished||-||-|
|Supremacy EVO Copper Base - Nickel||-||-|
- By default, this CPU water block is configured for use on AMD AM4 socket and all legacy AMD socket (AM3+, AM3, AM2, AM2+, FM2, FM2+, 939, 754) motherboards. In order to install this water block to any other supported socket, it is necessary to take apart the mounting mechanism by removing the circlip from the screws.