The Glacier GTX 1080/1070 MSI Gaming from PHANTEKS is a premium and high-performance heatsink for custom watercooling that fits the custom PCB of the ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 1080/1070 graphics cards. The GPU, VRAM and VRM are guaranteed to be cooled effectively due to the optimised channel structure and nickel-plated copper block. The heatsink also achieves a unique and elegant look due to its transparent acrylic glass and black, sandblasted aluminium cover.
An Overview of the PHANTEKS Glacier GTX 1080/1070 MSI Gaming Water Cooler:
- Customised for the ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 1080/1070 custom PCB graphics cards
- Effective cooling performance with a nickel-plated copper base
- Impressive aluminium and acrylic glass cover
- Four G1/4" threaded ports for integration into the water loop
- Pre-installed RGB-LED lighting
Why Should I Water-Cool My Graphics Card?
Buying into peak performance graphics cards has always meant contending with an increased degree of heat production, and when frequencies and compute units are already stretched to the limit you have to start looking for a decisive advantage against competing products. Smaller node fabrication and more efficient layouts can go some way towards resolving this problem but never completely resolve it, and moreover the proceeding generation is similarly expected to be pushed to the maximum.
The problem is worsened by overclocking due to temperatures reaching critical levels. To cut to the chase: Anyone who enjoys low noise levels while gaming or benching, and who wants to retain the highest possible clock speeds, should never overlook water cooling. Besides the usual components (radiators, pumps, reservoirs) needed for a water cooling setup, an appropriately customised cooler for the ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 1080/1070 is needed - one like this model from water cooling specialists PHANTEKS.
Design & Connectors of the PHANTEKS Glacier GTX 1080/1070 MSI Gaming Water Cooler
Here we have a full-block design which covers all relevant sources of heat from the graphics card and cools them with equal effectiveness - including the GPU itself, the VRAM and the VRMs. This is where the nickel-plated copper and an optimised channel structures come into play to efficiently and effectively remove waste heat.
The centre of the cover consists of transparent acrylic-glass and black aluminium on the outer edges. The connection terminal provides four ports (1/4" threaded). Due to the flat design of the cooler it is also possible to connect multiple graphics cards in SLI without issues.
The RGB-LED lighting is equipped with the same RGB connectors used on other PHANTEKS products and can be controlled via the RGB-LED controller of a PHANTEKS case (if available). A single connector provides the connection to compatible motherboards. Compatibility with the ASUS ROG Aura and the MSI Mystic Light RGB-LED headers is confirmed.
Info 1: Integration into a cooling loop will require connectors that are not contained within the bundle. The original cooler must be removed prior to installation, which invalidates the manufacturer's guarantee!
Info 2: Since compatibility with new graphics cards is expanding and the bundle may in change in rare instances, please ensure compatibility with the PHANTEKS Glacier GTX 1080/1070 MSI Gaming water cooler and which accessories are bundled with the water block.
- Material: nickel-plated copper (base), acrylic (cover), black sandblasted aluminium (cover)
- Thread: 4x G1/4"
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G 8GB GDDR5X
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G 8GB GDDR5
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming Z 8G 8GB GDDR5X
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming Z 8G 8GB GDDR5
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming 8G 8GB GDDR5X
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming 8G 8GB GDDR5
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC 8GB GDDR5X
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Armor 8G 8GB GDDR5X
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Armor 8G OC 8GB GDDR5
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Armor 8G 8GB GDDR5
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Quick Silver 8G OC 8GB GDDR5
Attention: Please be aware that some coolers are delivered with a protective foil attached to the underside of the cooler. In all cases this must be removed prior to installation and usage. We accept no liability for damages incurred due to incorrect mounting, installation, or improper usage.